Last week we reported Xbox 360 sold the most consoles over Black Friday weekend moved 750K in American alone as we’re shown the official National Purchase Diary (NPD) numbers for November. We witnessed another month in 2011 where physical retail sales dropped yet again and not due to the economy climate but more so the lack of killer-apps for this year. Microsoft managed to land the top spot even with the launch of Nintendo’s Wii-U moving 1.26M units as the Wii-U only sold 450K units with. The Nintendo DS saw the only slight improved up 6% this month as 370K sold while the Wii and 3DS had big drops offs selling 960K combined.
In the software department, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 obviously won top honors as the military shooter sold over $7M in North America alone with fellow Activison Blizzard game Skylanders Giants landing in at no. 6 seeing an 250% increase in sales. The Sports titles dominated the list with Madden still in the top 5 after nearly 5 months of being on shelves and Fifa Soccer having its best year to date approaching the 10 million mark.
You can check below for the complete list of hardware and software sales in November.
Sales Down 11% In Comparison To Last Month.
- Xbox 360 1.26M (-25.9%)
- Nintendo Wii U 425K
- Nintendo Wii 420K (-51.1%)
- Nintendo 3DS 540K (-32.1%)
- Nintendo DS 370K (+5.7%)
- PlayStation Vita 210K-225K
- PlayStation 3 (Declined To Comment)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U) Activision Blizzard [7.5M Sold]
- Halo 4 (360) Microsoft [3.2M Sold]
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (360, PS3, Wii U, PC) Ubisoft
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3) Ubisoft
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U) Electronic Arts
- Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U) Activision Blizzard
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC) Electronic Arts
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC) Take-Two Interactive
- WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii) THQ
- FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP) Electronic Arts